April 14, 2010

My grandaughter's birthday.

I guess I got so carried away talking about the stroke book that I forgot to mention that this is my grandaughter's 27th birthday. I refuse to understand that because I know it was yesterday when I was 27! In fact it was yesterday when I was a teenager! I can still smell the lipstick I wore.Maybe that's because it was such an emotional event. And maybe it is because lipstick was pure and you could smell the ingredients.
But when I think about it when she's my age ,I'll be a distant memory,like those old sepia pictures we see with bearded men scolding smart little school marms.
Unless ,of course ,they discover lots of bionic parts and we can live forever. Imagine,that would be like turning the pages of a comic book over and over... OK I'm going to bed now!

No comments:

Post a Comment