February 3, 2010

This Planet called The Seventies


Today I began sorting the shoe boxes full of old pictures. I didn't get far because I began looking and remembering. I am 14 years old wearing my grandmother's hat and purse just because they looked stylish..,

I am running and leaping over the saw -horse in the yard...

I am standing stoically beside the ash pile while a neighbour puts my dog out of his misery; I see the legs stiffen...

I am picking blueberries down in the back field...

I am lying on my back in the grass looking up at the clouds with a neighbour boy whose name I don't even recall...

The future stretched ahead like a misty dream,anything was possible..

How did I get to this place called "the seventies" where the future looks murky and the past makes me wonder if...?

I don't remember the starting point or if there were roads besides the one I took...

Or did we even think about roads .Maybe we just followed our noses and landed somewhere and just kept on keeping on.

How does life seem to compact somewhere between then and now?

No comments:

Post a Comment